I don't agree with everything you say TT but it is close enough. Yes science is a blunt instrument by design and closed in it's formulation to some ideas, which you happen to favour. However it does what it is intended to do, no more no less, it doesn't pretend to be a solution to all questions.

Some questions we just deem invalid because we have a certain bias, a door Rev K sometimes tries to open. We even openly discuss our bias but no it isn't going to change anytime soon smile

Similar in a way your philosophical musings have a place just not in science. smile

In some ways I have an advantage I have seen science under 3 different political systems, I don't think Sabine has. Much of her view on science and indeed the report she refers too is very very Western culture centric, they forget there are other cultures out there smile

A little fact to throw in in the sixties the number of female physicists and chemists in Russia hovered around 47%. All comrades are expected to do their bit for the glorious nation male or female smile

On the same line: http://elitedaily.com/women/you-wont-bel...ale-executives/
Quote:
Russia takes home the gold for the highest proportion of women in these high-level job titles, with 43 percent.

The discussion changes markedly depending on the culture under discussion smile

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Bill
And that is about enough of that. If somebody wants to discuss the overall ideas in the article I will be happy to respond.

Bill Gill
Right, overlook the details and focus on the person making the statement as the credible authority because she's got a degree. sick

That gave me a laugh you picked Bill off exactly, gave me a chuckle.

Bill's byline tag is so cute but not quite accurate, off the top of my head I can name at least 2 things faster than the speed of light being the expansion of the big bang and quantum entanglement transfers. Perhaps he needs to go and talk to someone with a degree about it smile

Last edited by Orac; 07/03/15 05:14 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.