Ellis, in response to TT, you wrote:
Originally Posted By: Ellis
...You asked when I realised I thought there was no god....
Ellis, do I detect that you were born a skeptic? Sounds OK to me.

Me? My father (1880-1964) died--TB and miner's lung--when I was 14.

Our mother (1885-1935) died when I was 5. Meanwhile, TB already took our oldest brother and our sister--her husband and her two young children). To this day, I still wonder: Is the 'God' of theism asleep? perhaps Woody Allen got it right with his cynically amusing comment: "God is an under achiever!" This how I felt in my teens; at 17, I took the same attitude with me, when I registered at www.mta.ca in Sept., 1947.

aWhen our mentor of theological students--professor Arthur Ebbutt, told me the meaning of 'psychology', I asked him: Would it okay for me to make philosophy+psychology my major program? He responded: Dr. Charles A. Baxter (a Ph.D, from Toronto U) will be delighted.

Now, I have no desire to thank a mentally-imagined, Santa-like God--assumed by child-like thinkers, young and older, to have dimensions.

But, I thank G O D (the oneness beyond all inner and outer dimensions)--the ominipotent, omniscient, and everywhere-present power, including in our hearts, or spirits, or minds (pneuma is the Greek word).

You end your comment so,
Quote:
I honestly can't ever remember really believing that there was, but I am sure that if I did have any shreds of belief left I would have been praying furiously when I was (officially!) so ill when my baby was born....

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/11/14 05:32 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org