Originally Posted By: Newton

in my test

Bulb ----> V1 .............. sensor ----> V1

If that was the case you wouldn't have Doppler

BUT you don't have that

Bulb ----> V1 .............. sensor ----> V1 +-small amount

The two points on earth are spinning about the centre of the planet.

CAN YOU GUARANTEE ME THE TWO POINTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME DISTANCE FROM THE AXIS POINT OF EARTH OTHERWISE THE TWO POINTS SPIN AT DIFFERENT VELOCITIES.

It gets worse the earths spin has a wobble to it which is called chandler wobble (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_wobble) so actually no point on the planet holds it's exact distance to the axis point so you can't even try and create that situation on an experimental setup.

Get it stupid ... that drawing is a very tall order on planet earth on any experimental setup.

We don't talk about it because the effect is small you can usually trivially ignore it but it is a real problem.

However saying that it is trivial I can easily pick up the effect on a 1 meter laser table in the right setup .. so 1 meter is enough to easily measure it.

Scientifically we use it large scale ...
http://phys.org/news/2011-12-earth-rotation.html

Incase you haven't realized it even in your own body you head and feet are doing different speeds and people living up near the poles are doing different speeds to those on the equator but no one really notices it because the effect is trivial .... but it is really there and can be measured.

Normally most layman and science can ignore these effects but if you really are trying to measure the fundamental behavior of light you need to discuss the reality of trying to setup any experiment and that's what I have done.

So now lets look at Marosz claim:

The effect of which way you point on the earth changes light is by 15%. Problem any idiot with a torch at night can simply rotate around a room and see it changes brightness by 15% ..... LIKE YOU WOULD NOTICE THAT ONLY NO ONE HAS. Light power would have to have a disclaimer 100 watts when facing towards the north pole smile

So yes the Doppler variation due to earths movement is REAL because of variation of speed of any two points on earth and has been measured by SCIENTISTS.

Marosz variation due to earths movement is GARBAGE and has been measured by MAROSZ.

Oh look more of the same images ... yeah I am convinced .. oh but my laser lab says NO.

The best bit was then Marosz made the speed of light infinite but yet almost all navigation on the planet uses SAGNAC which only works because the speed of light is finite whether you believe in relativity or not ... that's right you just ignore these sorts of problems.

So I answered your question YET AGAIN .... You still haven't answered mine ... what is light travelling in please?

Did you notice MAROSZ I answered the question/point from start to end leaving out nothing ... now your turn to try the same please.

Last edited by Orac; 10/11/13 04:37 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.