Originally Posted By: paul
uh , because the un workers work for the un?

Way to avoid the question. You stated the US should get out of the UN because the UN is forcing the US to apply UN policy. I pointed out this was false - that is not how the UN works. You, in turn, posted something completely irrelevant.

I'm going to say that because the un workers were following un orders or instruction during the theft of the childrenthat that is the reason that the un is to blame

There is one small problem with your argument - that being that it is a fantasy - this is not occurring. And, again, if you knew anything of how the UN works you'd realize that.

All of these claims arise from the convention on the rights of the child - but like all UN conventions, it is upto individual countries to ratify & enforce it. No UN staff are involved in enforcement.

The *claims* of child abduction by the anti-UN individuals are based on a completely different thing. The UN is tasked in some areas of Africa with the recovery and rehabilitation of children who have been kidnapped (usually for use as child solders or sex slaves). Various morally-corrupt individuals have tried to associate rescuing children from slavery in one region of the world with the effects of voluntary compliance to the convention on the rights of children.

You have to be a pretty sick individual to relate the two.

and I'm also going to add that the un has been in existence long before these incidences took place , lets try around 1941.

What 'incidents'? There are none - other than those mis-represented by various ant-UN types. I was referring to your statements in regards to state seizures of maltreated children, which has been occurring in the US since colonial times. Hell, things are better now than before. In the 1800's, simply being suspected of working in prostitution was grounds for the US gov to seize your children.

Again, you're showing your ignorance of how the un operates:
1) they cannot operate anywhere without the consent of local authorities,
2) they generally work with, rather than in place of

LOL

headquarters built in the U.S. in 1952
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Headquarters

I fail to see how linking to the UN headquarters wiki page in any way shape or form counters what I wrote. Reality is they need permission of local authorities to work in an area, and they generally work with (most often guide) those local authorities. Pointing out their headquarters was voluntarily build kin the US hardly counters that.

you just run your mouth , don't you?
lip service.

If by 'running my mouth' you mean providing facts in place of your fictions, than yes, I 'run my mouth'. Luckily for me, it is attached to my brain. You seem to have divorced the two...

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA