Originally Posted By: paul

how long is a very very long time?

is there a possibility that the amounts of nano silver particles
could remain in the body providing the benefits of silver for a very very long time?

are they concerned that people will never get ill because
of the nano silver staying in their bodies and that is what the opposition is focusing on while using the inability to biodegrade as a reason to not use the nano silver?

just curious.

Oh you will have the wonderous anti-bacteria effects of the nano-silver for your entire life (the half life of biodegradability is well beyond your life expactancy). Down side is you will be long dead from toxicity.

Here is a starter background for you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118686/

Note that in the medical industry the recommendations

"The biocompatible coatings improve the performance of these nanoparticles, reduce their toxicity, and do not result in negative effects on cells. The emphasis of this study is to use biodegradable and biocompatible nanobiomaterials."

The problem is there is no such pressure put on general industry.

This whole thing is a landmine for every side and view. Infact as I will show you even biodegrability will not solve some issues and I have had to rethink my position as of march.

So to lead you into the maze you need to start by providing views and lets seee if you can navigate thru the problems science is throwing up.

So how do you view GM food and how do you view the above gold nanoparticles.

Last edited by Orac; 08/10/12 04:30 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.