No Mike you miss your own point

The experiments to measure the speed of light were done by lasers in 1975 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light)

Quote:

After centuries of increasingly precise measurements, in 1975 the speed of light was known to be 299,792,458 m/s with a relative measurement uncertainty of 4 parts per billion. In 1983, the metre was redefined in the International System of Units (SI) as the distance travelled by light in vacuum in 1⁄299,792,458 of a second. As a result, the numerical value of c in metres per second is now fixed exactly by the definition of the metre.[5]

I am not going into your side issue but you do bring up a valid point how good was the 1975 measurement was there an error.

I am a scientist if the nuetrino number holds up I also need to check an error was not made in the 1975 work.

Remember the discrepency is very small.

As I said tired light breaks QM it is completely inconsistant with it. So if you want to have tired light you now need to propose a theory to replace QM because light can't be Quantized in a way QM proposes anymore and I have a pile of observations and experiments that need explaining.

Hence tired light has exactly zero traction in science and why I was struggling to even find references to it except historic.

Last edited by Orac; 10/27/11 03:46 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.