Originally Posted By: Orac
And that is the correct scientific approach. Suspect everything.

I don't accept the original result in the first place the only thing I am sure of the effect mentioned in that paper is not in play.

There may be other issues with GPS such as height etc I have seen a few papers.

Trust me if someone really debunks the FTL claim you will see it reported on every physics site.

Until we get another result in from Fermilabs probably not much else to comment on.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Mike Kremer reads that..."...there is probably not much else to comment upon, unless we get further information-from Fermilabs"

I did mention in my previous post in this discussion-
That nobody has really had the need to measure the speed
of Neutrinos in the past.
Obviously every scientist in the World accepts the fact that Neutrinos travel at the speed of light.
Everyone accepts that, so the applecart remains stable and the World is saved. QED.

However after 500 re-tests by the Fermi lab, its obvious that something is wrong...which is why I suggested that maybe Neutrinos DID travel a tiny, tiny bit FASTER than light (since they must have re-checked and re-checked countless times.)

So here is my revised comment.

NO the NEUTRON DOES NOT travel FASTER than Light.
Its the Light that travels a teeny teeny bit SLOWER than the NEUTRON!!
(They have all got it wrong)

The calculated speed of the Neutron may well become the real actual speed of light,for all future calculations!!

Its the speed of light that we have all got wrong by a tiny tiny bit!!... Why???

BECAUSE nobody has ever calculated the REAL ACTUAL speed of light in a true Vacuum!!
Yes we have reflected it millions of times in a vacuum'd glass tube, using end mirrors.!
Yes we have measured the light from a star grazing the edge of a Planet! etc...etc.
BUT THATS NOT REAL DEFINITIVE MEASUREMENT is it?
I mean Neutrons pass thruu the Earth unimpeded, they are NOT affected by atmosphere, like light!!
NOT affected by Gravity like light!!
THEY are NOT affected by DENSITY, like LIGHT
Light SLOWS and gets tired as it travels across the UNIVERSE
Light being light is obviously affected by the density of of the medium it travels thru and many other things I would suggest.

YES we have the actual speed of light... from which every thing else is calculated from. Thus... Einstein and the Universe is vindicated and saved!!
And we all think we know the real speed of light??? I wonder??

Maybe the unaffected Neutron is the real actual speed of light.!!

And FERMI LABS have got it right, and might suddenly realise that -- the Speed of light as a constant, is just a tiny, tiny wee bit SLOWER that all the calculations have ever suggested.
The world is SAVED the Speed of light is actually the speed of the Easier to measure ubiqutous NEUTRON!!

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.