Wow, my first answer to this did not come out as I had planned...its erased, lets try this again...
Originally Posted By: Eddy Pengelly
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
So, in other words, you are completely unable to substantiate your claim...
What a strange thing to say ?!
given that on the cited website the following information is available: <snip>

Its not a strange thing to say, given your website.

None of what you have there would be considered evidence in scientific circles. Its nothing more than a collection of quotations from various suspect sources, and often are simply your interpretations of writings - interpretations which are far different from those of experts who study those works, and interpretations that have no outside supporting evidence for them.

Real scientific/academic arguments have three legs to stand on:

1) The authors own observations/conclusions,
2) Outside support, provided in the form of citations to other scientific/academic works
3) Peer review, to ensure quality and to ensure selective quoting/citing hasn't been used to build a false argument.

Your webpage, at best, accounts for #1 of those three legs. One could say you "don't have a leg to stand on"...

It would be very easy to support your claims here in the forum, without referring us to your webpage. You claim there have been previous cases where supposedly modern tech has been seen on ancient times - a reference to an article supporting that claim in a scientific/academic journal would support that claim. More importantly, its evidence coming from someone other than yourself, which would demonstrate you're not building an argument using quote mining, etc - and it would also demonstrate that other experts in the field support your interpretation of the data.

As an example, I'd direct you to one of my posts. You can see that in it I make numerous claims, and support (most of) them with links/citations to the relevant scientific literature.

Bryan

Last edited by ImagingGeek; 08/21/10 04:36 PM.

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA