Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
Originally Posted By: redewenur
CD tray my Aunt Fanny. Any fool can see these are instructions for a one-armed bandit. At the bottom is a warning - the box and line - meaning 'You win some, you lose some'.

I think it looks more like a kilt-wearing cyclops, dancing to the Puppini Sister's "Dance like an Egyptian"

Bryan

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Hi Eddy,
and on a slightly, (very slightly) more down to earth, Egyptian Science. We have the Egyptian Battery, a clay pot
used for electroplating, when it was activated using wine vinegar.
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_11.htm

There are many other ancient scientific , or semi-scientific artifacts, that have been attributed to lost civilizations.
The huge stone spheres found in the jungle of Costa-Rica,(their purpose is unknown).

In 1898 a real wooden (toy?) glider was found in a tomb at Saqquara, Egypt and was later dated as having been created near 200 BCE. As airplanes were unknown in the days when it was found, it was thrown into a box marked "wooden bird model" and then stored in the basement of the Cairo museum.
It was rediscovered by Dr. Khalil Messiha, who studied models made by ancients. The "discovery" was considered so important by the Egyptian government that a special committee of leading scientists was established to study the object.
I believe there are stone 'Dropa disks' similar to millstones, with grooved writing on them?
Also the more modern Greek Phaistos disk, with spiral writing upon it, that has not been deciphered as yet.
But the only ancient Computer that I know about is the
geared calculator that was found in the Mediteranean Sea.
Called the The Antikythera ‘computer’.
Shortly before Easter 1900, a Greek sponge diver off the small Aegean island of Antikythera discovered the wreck of an ancient ship filled with artefacts, including bronze and marble statues, dating from 85 to 50 BCE. Among the numerous finds, a small formless lump of corroded bronze and rotted wood lay unregarded at the National Museum in Athens for years. As the wood fragments dried and shrank, the lump split open to reveal the outlines of a series of gear wheels resembling clockwork. Gamma-ray photography allowed the historian of science Derek de Solla Price (1922-1983) to reconstruct the machine’s original appearance.
That is the best genuine example of an Ancient 'puter, unless you want to include Stonehenge and other similar Star/Sun alignment instruments?

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.