Originally Posted By: kallog
Shouldn't this guy be banned for spamming? It's worse than spam, he's trying to rip people off.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Dont worry kallog ... Eddy Pengelly is just making a fool of himself, by writing such twaddle.
Apert from that, there is interchanging, and mixing up Egyptian hieroglyphics with Egyptian PICTOGRAPHICS
to suit the idea that Egyptians had the first CD's.
There are a couple of hieroglyphics ..one is an outstretched right arm (its not part of a CD case)
the arm means 'work' (or similar)
The circle with a hole in it is an Egyptian Pictogram.
You dont get anywhere by mixing pictograms and hieroglyphs to suit yourself.
I shall come back to that later.

No one is quite sure as to how the ancient Egyptian language sounded. It was replaced by Coptic,
before the birth of Christ, making the decipherment of its sounds even more difficult.
The ancient Egyptians abandoned their language and used, the Coptic language instead. Later the vowel sounds of Coptic were changed to represent the nearest sounds to English, German, or French.

This is why you are supposed to be able to turn your English name into Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Which in turn is supposed to give each hieroglyph a vowel sound.
http://homepage.mac.com/glenbledsoe/winners/EgyptWeb/pages/hieroChart.html

Note the above a supposed to represent our alphabet,...NOT the exact Egyptian vowel sounds

More exact vowel sounds came from reading various Cartouche's, of the Pharoahs names.

Even more exact ancient Egyptian vowel sounds were gleaned from certain paragraphs in the 'Papyrus Ipuwer'.
Especially from the hieroglyphic paragraph containing the Egyptian story of the ten plagues.
(This obviously effected them, else they would not have written about it).
The actual sounds were gleaned from this particular piece of hieroglyphic text because of the animals and insects involved in the plague, were so well known. Examples were the Frogs, in another line the Locusts, and the river Nile
turning Red. etc. All told there were ten lines, as later told in our Biblical version. The sounds were easily recovered since the insects/animals etc were well known
and common knowledge to all.

There are no pictograms in the Ipuwer Papyrus, it is all pure hieroglyphics and written on reed paper.
(I have copy of the Egyptian plagues, If anyone wants a copy, SAGG email me. I will send it to you.)

So once the Rosetta Stone..... (discovered by Napolian) had its hieroglyphics decoded, using the (three scripts) demotic script, and the ancient greek similar texts engraved upon it.
The meaning of Egyptian hieroglyphs became known. The vowel sounds come from sounds the Coptic etc.

...and may not represent the exact sounds as ancient Egyptian was spoken , before Christ.

The other part of ancient Egyptian language is of course the Pictorgrams. This is where Eddy Pengelly
mistakenly believes the circle pepresents an ancient CD, because it is next to or in a CD case.
Pictograms have been mixed upwith h'glyphs and put in a wrong order, so as to seem to make sense.
To me, it makes it more crazy than ever.
The circle is a pictogram, which is next to an outstreched right arm (a hieroglyphic) which I believe
means work, or similar. Its NOT part of a CD case

You cant cut a bas-relief of a circle with a hole thru it............. on a wall
But there are a number of circles cut in relief on various Egyptian Temple walls.

The most notable ones are the ones at Karnak in bas-relief, showing 198 objects that were looted from the
Temple in Jerusalem, and recorded by the Pharoah.
I also have that photo here, and some circles look as though they are eating plates (gold), other circles
look as though they are Chariot, or Wagon wheels (they have a chip out of the center to represent a hole).
Yet more circles represent (gold?) necklaces (no central chip), arm bracelets, and possibly shields.

Finally the ancient Egyptians did carve 58 or 59 pictograms, on the 'Phaistos Disk' about 2000 years ago.
No hole in it. Its just meant to be read.
Various attemps have been made to decode it, but none are not considered satisfactory.

< http://www.crystalinks.com/phaistosdisc.html >

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.