Originally Posted By: Ellis
As Indonesia is a muslim country I would assume that most males would be circumcised already, certainly some Indonesian women are circumcised. So the predicted numbers of infections seem to suggest that perhaps a more effective means of limiting the spread of AIDS should include the serious promotion of condom use, and also (here's a truly provocative idea) the practice of abstinence, or at least restraint, as in limiting partners, as a less drastic method of prevention than cutting bits off the body (it's got to hurt!).

The implications of your disturbing comment about the trials verge on the horrific.

[quote=Mike Kremer]

Well I didnt mention Indonesia. It was Swaziland and Zambia that has the Aids problem.
Also the so called circumcision of women you mention, is absolute mutilation , and has nothing to do
with the control of sexual infections. But a whole lot more with the control of women by misguided men.
But you are absolutely right ...its not only got to hurt, ....it does hurt.
The comment of over half a million men getting circumcised is very disturbing, due to the painful process
that circumcision is in any fully grown male.
Circumcision is a very painful ceremony as any Moslem will attest to.
Moslems are circumcised around 16 years old, to mark their coming of age, as a man.
It is very very painfull usually taking 4 male members of his family to keep him still while the knife is used.

Totally unlike the Jewish method where circumcision is done when the boy is eight days old, and done for health purposes using a small circular knife, and takes a few seconds. Many American hospitals, use a similar method and will circumcise your son before he leaves the hospital, if required.
I would think that very few of the 1/2 million men will allow themselves to be circumcised
when they realise the pain involved and the healing time required. Aids or no aids.

Last edited by Mike Kremer; 06/22/09 02:33 AM. Reason: corrections

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.