Originally Posted By: ml66uk
Circumcision is a dangerous distraction in the fight against AIDS. ...............................> If circumcision really worked against AIDS, this just wouldn't happen. We now have people calling circumcision a "vaccine" or "invisible condom", and viewing circumcision as an alternative to condoms. The South African National Communication Survey on HIV/AIDS, 2009 found that 15% of adults across age groups "believe that circumcised men do not need to use condoms".

The one randomized controlled trial into male-to-female transmission showed a 54% higher rate in the group where the men had been circumcised btw.

ABC (Abstinence, Being faithful, Condoms) is the way forward. Promoting genital surgery will cost African lives, not save them.

Originally Posted By: ml66uk
Circumcision is a dangerous distraction in the fight against AIDS.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

I have never mentioned that Circumcision prevented HIV-AIDS. Indeed if you look back to my original article,
here:--

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=22264&page=2

.....because the mode of transition of AIDs. eg. via body fluids and internal orifices etc. Therefore circumcision is hardly likely to prevent AIDS.(Please note that)

Also note that Catherine Hankins, Chief Scientific Adviser at UNAIDS. stresses however that circumcision ALONE won't rule out infection with HIV, and that circumcised men should take additional precautions such as wearing condoms and limiting their numbers of sexual partners.
I am afraid that 'ml66uk' has been brainwashed by a couple of African countrys....too poor to import the expensive medicines to treat AIDS, who's leaders stated that circumcision would prevent AIDS, in a bid to placate those infected, and misguidedly stem the rise in AIDS amongst Africans.
There are no figures as to the numbers of Africans who already had AIDS, and then went on to stupidly get them selves circumcised as well!!. Believing their Goverments bad advice, that circumcision was the-cure-all answer.
Dont copy the 'African way of thinking' on this one 'ml66uk'...You did state that AIDS has risen in many African countrys, because of- in your words 'genital surgery'.

Prehaps I should mention that AIDS infects 1000 new people every day.
Also that Africa was/is regarded as the cradle of AIDS over 30 years ago.
Those days AIDS was not realised that it was a mimmiker of various diseases before it killed you.
So you should be careful when you talk about medical issues within these pages.
It is only the poor African illiterate and their Goverment leaders who not being able to pay for the importation of the expensive drugs to cure AIDS.... that have stated that circumcision would cure AIDS.
Again ml66uk do not be taken in by the fact that later on there was no decrease in the rise of AIDS.
It was only certain African countrys who said Circumcision would cure.
I wonder if you are aware that 40% of African midwives are infected with AIDS?
Think about that ml66uk. No wonder AIDS is rampant in Africa.
And you are trying to decry circumcision, shame on you.
Remember, very many Africans are infected with AIDS as they pass thru the Birth Canal.

Furthemore circumcision is is proven to help prevent other Venereal diseases.
Lets face it...you can't trap Germs under a non-existent warm foreskin, or collect spores and other items from a roll in damp earth, or from a toilet seat etc.
Remember ml66uk that AIDS is in the blood, direct body fluid contact gives you AIDS.
Venerial disease's live in the Uterus, as well as under the warm foreskin.
Treated early venerial disease can be cured, but with no foreskin you have won half the battle.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.