Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
[quote]
Where most draw lines is when personal belief is shadowed by alternative thinking that doesn't fit within the box of belief.
When you analyze reality and it refuses to be forced into compliance it is easily dismissed without attempting to expand vision to a new level.
The idea that anyone could act as the absolute authority is only the reaction to ones fear they might lose control of their ideals be they standardized by rationality founded by democratic social standards that will have little meaning when those who believe in those standards are dead and buried.

One can make time or not, that is the condition of a closed or open mind. Life is full of choices, for some. Without choice for the suffering.

"Where most draw lines..."

Classic weasel words. A staple of politicians, lawyers and snake-oil hucksters. "Well, we all know..." "It's common knowledge that..." "Anyone with a brain can tell you..." "If you really think about it..." "Common sense would tell you..." There are lists of these classics all over the net. It's Logical Fallacy 101. It's in the required course load for liberal arts courses at any JuCo in the country. Anytime you read a statement prefaced with weasel words, you can bet what comes next is woo. Nothing but woo. Your diatribe here is no exception. All your posts, that I have read, consist primarily of weasel words, tautology, circuitous statements and bad cliché.

"One can make time or not,"
Thanks for that! Nice to know that I can "make" time. I'll try to get that to Stephen Hawking as quickly as possible. He'll probably want to abridge his books.

"that is the condition of a closed or open mind."
Wow! You are so full of new facts.

"Life is full of choices, for some."
A new type of rhetorical statement. Not just rhetorical but a Qualified Rhetorical Statement with the qualifier at the end of the statement. Let's call it QRS just for S&Gs. Or, we could just call it RRBC (Really Really Bad Cliché)

"Without choice for the suffering."
I think MS Word would flag this as a fragment. You are in bad need of another clause.

So... like I implied when I tried to opt out of further dialog with you, it would take a week to cross out your errors in logic in just one post. Now, I've gone and wasted a big block of time talking to a big block of basalt. I guess I'm just a sucker for this brand of metabolic by-product.

Last edited by Iztaci; 11/26/08 06:51 PM.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman