Originally Posted By: Anonymous
I find this statement interesting, "Our ideas must be thrown aside, beliefs detached from thought and we must hypnotize ourselves into pure objectivity without thought of who or what we are."

what do you mean by;"and we must HYYPNOTIZE ourselves into pure objectivity without thought of who or what we are."

I was being partially facetious in order to stimulate the cut and dried statement toward a greater idea. Responding to the statement..
Quote:
Intuition and subjectivity have no place in science.

The Human mind is connected to the flow of the Universe which has intelligence. It is what connects us to ideas that become part of our reality when something new is discovered or invented.
In one sense the wheel wasn't invented but realized. It was only unknown until someone brought it forth from potential. Same as anything that has been discovered. Nothing we say is impossible is impossible when it becomes reality.
A Man that doesn't comprehend ideas before he is ready to put those ideas into experience and gain something from it, does not limit potential, potential is just ignored or not realized.

There is a saying: If you can conceptualize something it exists somewhere in time and space. Intuition is part of universal mind, it is what inspires us or draws our awareness to greater potential like a moth is attracted to a flame.

In one sense hypnosis is the cause of limited sight. We condition ourselves to believe in a particular thought about life and being.
If we remove belief from awareness it becomes innocent to potential. If we add belief to potential it can focus potential into manifestation.
If we hypnotize ourselves into thinking we are separate from universal intelligence and potential then science that has no room for intuition and belief is unfocused and unimaginative.
A software program specifically designed to run in one direction only.

The human potential is only limited by those beliefs that are self imposed. Science then follows limitation of belief like a 5th wheel behind a truck. If you drive it over a cliff the 5th wheel follows you.

Belief if applied objectively can be constructive. Belief applied religiously destructive.
One has to become self aware to utilize potential, otherwise one can only see on road and one destination.

Science in order to be effective is without boundaries or limitations. Can't as an absolute is always such a limited thought when it is loosely applied without deeper thought and awareness.
You can take anything and make it into something, and take something and make it into anything.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!