I made reference to his being the ex CEO of the Chrysler Corp. Here in the U.S. Chrysler was one of the top 3 Automobile manufacturers in the United States..(Ford GM & Chrysler)

I'm not sure if the American Republic would accept mandatory voting but it sounds like an interesting idea. Actually everyone should feel obligated in some respect to take part in the political process of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness (The right to make a living as it suits one without taking away from anothers rights and freedoms).
The problem with the American Media is that they are less interested in truth or facts as they are in dramatization and ratings. Our media has dropped its level of values to become tabloid like in their representation of the news.

When I said the president was more of a sock puppet than a figure of power I should also mention that the media is bought and paid for as well making our political system not so much representative of the people but representative of beliefs and media scripture.
The American public has given great authority to the media for its information regardless of its accuracy. There is a greater potential for truth in public broadcasting or public radio which is a subscriber based news network rather than corporation bought media which plays our news like they play commercials for deoderant and male enhancement products. Priorities don't you know.
As Iococca stated, "While we're fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions."

Perhaps if they don't shoot him before he has a chance to make any changes in the system, Obama might be just the thing to initiate a change from the arrogance and complacency of the American people and the deteriorating illusion of political representation of a disenchanted American public.
Or he might just be another distraction to give false hope to the hypnosis that has been created by the current administration and the brain dead media by the money that really runs the country.

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 08/04/08 02:22 AM.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!