Hello Ellis,

Good to hear from you.

I didn't say it would not be welcomed by many voters, but the problem is this Ellis. A lot of Americans have health insurance, some don't. Now, in the county I live in we have medicade, all counties have it but the cost differs to the taxpayers form county to county and from state to state. One third of our property tax dollar goes to medicade, in the county I live in our annual cost for medicade is $6,000,000.00 that is for a county with only 52000 people. Ellis if you get sick, or hurt in the United States you get medical attention. Even the illegal immigrants from Mexico get health care.

All government employees get health coverage. Most large companies give health care benefits and small companies. I'm self employed my company pays for mine. And make no mistake, it is high. Our problem is the "cost" of health care. Nothing is done to regulate what doctors and hospitals can charge you. They are literally stealing from the government now. They milk medicade and medicare.

I don't know if I have told you before but a few years ago and I feel it is the same now if not worse, for every dollar collected for social programs on .17 gets to the needy, the other .83 goes to administration. A lot of waste Ellis, and this drives cost higher. Hillary Clinton outlined a health care plan when her hubby was President, it was a disaster looking for a place to happen. The burocracy was herific, and the taxes needed to fund the program on small business would have put most small business out of business. Her reply to a reporter as I recall was "I can't help it if some business's are under capitalized" Ellis, we can't afford universal health care, I am glad Australia has a good plan and have the politicians to be "sensible" about it, but here in the States now it won't work. Like I said the real problem is what doctors and hosptals charge, it is ridiculous. The fact that a lot is paid by the government has made the health care system in this country inflationary. I think I may have mentioned to you before in a post several weeks back, things are a little different here in the states than in Australia and Europe now, we have our own unique problems and it makes a difference in solving them.

The concept is good, the plan is bad. Ellis it is like your car running out of petro and you put air in the tires to fix it, it won't work. Didn't mean to write a book Ellis, I hope I answered your question, I have a tendancy to ramble sometimes.

best regards,
odin1

People will forgive you for anything -but being right !
odin1