Hello MikeBinOk,

I don't disagree with the concept of universal health care, and I understand what you are saying. We talk oranges and use apples to make the juice. You know yourself if you have ever been to a hospital how they charge, it is ridiculous. And it is primarily because 1) noboby asks questions 2)insurance payment and government payments. Let me tell you a story.

My brother a few years ago had no insurance. He cut his hand open with a skill saw. He went to a surgeons office and the surgeon did it as outpatient. As he was working on my brother, my brother asked him what this was going to cost--because he had no insurance. the surgeon looked it up in a book he had and said
it will cost you $400.00. If you had insurance it would cost $1200.00. You see this is 80% of the problem.

A lot of Americans want universal health care because the think they can quite paying for health care and have a freebee. Mike you and I both know there ain't no free lunch. You will pay for it one way or another and if you think we have a bueocracy now in social programs--you wait till you get the health care plan.
I know of no one that is denied health care. Don't you folks have problems in OK with illegal mexicans straining the system?
I know they do in California. How is universal health care going to fix that, it still has to be paid for?

I think they need to regulate the health industry, hell they regulate everyone else, why not them? Get the insurance companies in check, and modify the present medicade and medicare programs. Please don't take me wrong Mike I'm don't mean this in a derogatory way, I understand what you are saying and agree to a certain extent. We can both agree, it is a problem that needs fixing and I am with you, lets fix it, but lets fix the problem.

Thanks for you post Mike.

best regards,
odin1

People will forgive you for anything -but being right !
odin1