TT That was a very informative article by Iacoca. Forgive my huge ignorance but I recognise the name but cannot remember in what context. He has a nice clear way of giving his point of view and I agree with Rose!

I don't want to bang on about Australia, and I actually am not wholly in favour of our method of ensuring as many as possible vote, but you stated people do not know who to vote for. Here we have to vote, and disenfranchisement is very rare, so we all vote or are fined. (Actually we have to go to the voting booth and be handed a Ballot Paper and have our name ticked off.... Or we are fined.) So everyone votes, because since you are there you may as well have a go! There is something like 97% compliance of those on the electoral roll! And when you know you HAVE to make up your mind you do!

Last election the sitting Prime Minister lost his seat---that's only the second time ever--- but the voters got rid of him, and convincingly too. It was a stunning result, and not really expected. Maybe it was an example of the power of the people, but it can only work if and when people exercise it.