http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/jun/22/climatechange.carbonemissions

From your own link, ImranCan, "Two thirds" of your 'man in the street'
"want the government to do more...."
'People are broadly concerned, but not entirely convinced,' said Downing.
"There is growing concern that an economic depression and rising fuel and food prices
are denting public interest in environmental issues. Some environmentalists blame
the public's doubts on last year's Channel 4 documentary The Great Global Warming Swindle,
and on recent books, including one by Lord Lawson, the former Chancellor, that question
the consensus on climate change."
"Despite this, three quarters still professed to be concerned about climate change."

"Ipsos MORI polled 1,039 adults and found that six out of 10 agreed that
'many scientific experts still question if humans are contributing to climate change',
and that four out of 10 'sometimes think climate change might not be as bad as people say'."

IMHO, It sounds as if some of the 'man in the street' folks are wondering if these claims
might have some basis or merit. It's a pity more folks don't have the time to investigate
more deeply into the science; beyond the quick sound-bites and oversimplifications of
denialist who claim anthropogenic effects are a hoax.
"Professor Bjorn Lomborg, author of The Skeptical Environmentalist, said politicians and
campaigners were to blame for over-simplifying the problem...."

Well, such a complex problem does lend itself to being oversimplified by many folks, it seems.

The rest of Bjorn's quote: "...by only publicising evidence to support the [AGW] case.
'Things that we do know - like humans do cause climate change - are being put in doubt,' said Lomborg.
'If you're saying, "We're not going to tell you the whole truth, but we're going to ask you to pay up a lot of money," people are going to be unsure.'
===

Originally Posted By: Canuk
I found this neat little graph...

Little graph! I've been avoiding this thread just because it's so hard to read, scrolling across to see the end of....
Next time, try to make it a little graph; or just give us a link.
===

So Canuk,
Did Hansen actually say anything about "non-believers," as you imply.
I looked for the quote, but couldn't find it.
Did you just make that up?
I guess blogging like this, nobody is libel for slanderous behaviour;
lucky for you, eh?

wink

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.