Honestly, this guy is completely nuts.
Quote:

James Hansen, one of the world's leading climate scientists, will today call for the chief executives of large fossil fuel companies to be put on trial for high crimes against humanity and nature, accusing them of actively spreading doubt about global warming in the same way that tobacco companies blurred the links between smoking and cancer.

He's going after politicians as well
Quote:
He is also considering personally targeting members of Congress who have a poor track record on climate change in the coming November elections. He will campaign to have several of them unseated

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/jun/23/fossilfuels.climatechange

The thought police are out in force it seems. And some people will still maintain that this guy has no agenda and is unbiased?? Bull$hit! It disgusts me that this guy is even associated with the word "scientist".

Let's make this clear, this is an employee of the US government calling for the prosecution of private individuals based on the content of their speech. Stop and think on that for a second. Repeat it a couple times.
I'm guessing he wouldn't favour the opposite....eg a "warmist" being brought up on charges for the deliberate promotion of misleading information regarding CO2's impact on avg T. On a related note, has anybody compared the GISS temp dataset to NOAA, Hadley, or any of the satellite datasets? smile

This arrogant prick then goes on to attack democracy, saying
Quote:
democracy is not working the way it's intended to work.
And why is that Jimmy-boy? Because the world isn't filled with lemmings willing to hang on your every word? I think I found the cause of "global warming".....it's all the hot air spewing out of Hansen's mouth.

I found this neat little graph of what average global temperature has done since Mr. Hansen's first pontification speech to Congress. Looks downright scary doesn't it?