How Can we work with Irrelevant information Uncle Al?

Thank you Uncle Al for considing that individual spins may be of interest to physics!

To answer his latest points. Why should I consider the Schwarzchild radius when I am not considering a black hole? Why should I consider Unruh radiation, or the Schwinger effect, when I am not considering the rapid linear acceleration of an electron? Yet again, Uncle Al is raising irrelevant facts.

I am discussing the internal structure of an isolated electron that has no significant linear acceleration. I, and nobody else, knows anything substantial about this structure. The main known fact is that the electron is charged, and that this charge would be expected to produce a bursting force. It is arbitrarily assumed that a short-range force exists that offsets this bursting force.

Based on Mach's Principle, which Einstein liked (but some people are wary of), I have suggested that the terrestrial value of G may arise from the rotation of the galaxy relative to the very distant galaxies in the universe. This approach not only indicates a logical reason for the particular value of G observed on the Earth, but it also indicates that the gravitational forces produced by the rotation of the galaxy may have a specific range, and be limited to the boundary of the galaxy.

Einstein was convinced that atomic particles were stabilized by gravitational forces. I have therefore naievly extrapolated my classical theory for galactic G to the internal region of the electron. Not only does this extrapolation give a classical gravitational force, internal to the electron, that is sufficient to stabilize the electron against the electrostatic repulsion force, but it also predicts the required limited range of this force. The force will not extend beyond the boundary of the electron.

I agree that this is a first shot classical interpretation, but I am in good company in using such an approach, as I indicated to another (constructive) critic of my web site. Many classical extrapolations give good approximate results, even at the atomic level, and some are essential. Thus Freeman J Dyson gave, as an example, the analysis of the uranium 236 nucleus: "By studying this process in detail, they (Bohr and Wheeler) show how the complementary views provided by classical and quantum pictures are both essential to the understanding of nature. Without the combined power of classical and quantum concepts, the intricacies of the fission process could never have been understood".

As a Passing thought Uncle Al 'Think before you jump in'