Another reply to Uncle Al

A reply to Uncle Al's third comments:

It is little wonder that Uncle Al hides behind a pseudonym. He fails to read what I write, and then produces reams of irrelevant comments and analysis. Some of these comments have a grain of truth in them, but are still irrelevant.

Let's take his leading point, that all spins in the universe sum algebraically to zero.

I agree. But so what? It does not mean that studying particular spins may not be a valuable exercise in physics. If we ignored the individual spin of the Earth on its axis, we would fail to account for variations in g between the equator and the poles. We would also fail to account for changes in weather patterns around the globe, and many other major things of interest. If we ignored the spin of the Earth round the sun we might find difficulty in accounting for the seasons!

Please read what I write a little more carefully before descending into abuse. I am discussing specific spins and am carefully stipulating both the spin and the range of action of a predicted effect arising from that spin.

For example, I am proposing that the rotation of our galaxy, relative to the very distant galaxies in the universe, creates a value for G that will apply only within the boundary surface of the galaxy. For a uniform galaxy G would be constant throughout the galaxy. For our galaxy it appears that G may have a value greater than the terrestrial value at the outer edges of the galaxy.

For an electron, the rotation of the electron, again relative to the very distant galaxies in the universe, produces an internal value for G (applying only within the boundary surface of the electron) which is about 10 to the power 45 times greater than the terrestrial value for G. I have never suggested that the the spins of electrons in magnets, or any other materials, will have any gravitational effect outside the boundary surface of the individual electrons. But the internal gravitational force is more than sufficient to oppose the internal electrostatic repulsion force and give stability to the electron without the need for arbitrary short range forces.

Lawrence Stephenson