I am actually female Red.

The thing that I notice in responses to this topic is that there is a huge difference between male and female attitude to this. In the 60s for the first time ever women were able to reliably control their fertility, this was a huge change in male/female relationships that remains unremarked on even now. Sex for women is now risk free (I'm talking about pregnancy here!) Or is it? With every sexual act a woman knows that while her fertility lasts (until 50 ish), even if she uses contraception, there is always a remote chance of pregnancy. Women have always had to face up to ethical and moral situations that men often know nothing about!! You see it is possible for men to be the parent of a child and know nothing about its existence-- that is absolutely not possible for a woman. This naturally colours the way women feel about this sort of research.

DA-- You are so right. There is no need now for men apparently- not while women have arms! But cheer up. All women have a place in their lives for a loving supportive partner--and the majority of us, for one reason or another prefer to have that person father our children, and help us raise a family together. I think that will always be so. But you blokes are going to have to work a little at it, because we no longer have to make it easy for you!