1. rewording "Evolution has no SCIENTIFICALLY discernable goal."
REP:OK. So we exist without any scientific Purpose!!
A goal is something which needs to be achieved because of the law of Cause and Effect.
An electron needs to achieve an higher Energy Level jump after receving a Photon packet....
A car needs to achieve higher speed if accelerator is pressed. It sounds mechnical but this the law of cause and effect.
My question is this : Given the current conditions(or set of causes) what is our next step orgoal...
If you still disagree with me then I can attribute this misunderstanding to a self-referral situation which needs to be understood.
A scientific purpose involves the knowledge and the knower but in our case(i.e in LIFE sense) .. We are the Knowledge and the Knower.This becomes obvious when we understand ourselves as part of the Universe and the entire Universe is what is presented to us for study and research...
Rewording :This Scientific illusion of NO-GOAL is created due to the false seperation of Knowledge and knower.
If the entire information in the Universe can be projected for 'experience' and 'understanding' then we can say that the knowledge is completly known as the other details can be derived using little bit of effort.
So the question is what is the next step...?
If you have found the next step then what will be the next step after that and so on...
Finally what will happen during the climax and why...What is the direction of Growth with in the error limits?
Going by Creator and consumer philosophy Universe has created us as the consumer for the knowledge it created by coming into existence.

And if you still have not understood then give me a good defintion of Life.
=====================================
Part of the reason it seems to work so well is that it doesn't seem to have a goal. While optimizing along a particular axis, there yet remains sufficient variability that many species can remain resilient even if the environment changes (within limits).
REP:If no goal is an advantage then why am I not taking it...???
===================================
4. I'm not sure what scientific meaning destiny has. I strongly want the human species to survive. I strongly desire the continuance of my own existence.
REP: That should be spirit when so many people want to die...We get life only once for all practical purposes...
======================
I've never seen any indication the that the universe has any opinion or awareness of my desires.
REP: The cause and effect does not require common logical understanding of the reality...
No wonder that you dont know how it effected the Universe.You need more inofrmation(in the right way) to know that. But it happened trust Sceince..
==================
My guess would be the universe doesn't consult us - either individually or collectively - when it's deciding what to do. DOES it "decide" what to do?
REP:Universe doesnot consult anyone it does what it should be doing ...
We do what we should be doing ....
But what are we(or Universe) going to do next(and after infinite time)?
And why ?