dkv, I'm afraid that you don't understand what evolution is. You seem to think about everything is human terms and with an eye toward solving problems. I applaud your determination to work on the world's problems and I encourage others to work as hard as you want to.
But this has nothing to do with evolution.
Yes, I do believe that we have not progressed in all the millenia of human history. We have changed. To make the average human life longer may be a nice goal and it certainly has been achieved by various means (sanitation, medicine, education, etc.) You need to understand, though, that this is not evolution, in the sense of a change in a population's genetic structure.

I advise you not to call people stupid, especially when you are preaching about making the world a better place.

I'm sorry dkv, but while you appear to be an intelligent person, it is very clear to me that you are lacking in education. I am a high school teacher and I am very familiar with people who are intelligent but ignorant. I'm guessing that you're about 15-16 years old. Your intelligence will carry you far, when you lose the arrogance and when you have a deeper understanding of the subjects that interest you.