DAN: "A point of agreement between us. So I ask you to again to be objective. For what purpose would a messenger INTENTIONALLY deliver an ambiguous message? Have you ever in your life experience met someone delivering a message who didn't care whether you got it accurately?"

Dan, the message may seem ambiguous, but those who choose an honest exploration of God find things that confirm the message.

Someone I know, in their work for the church, has been present at a couple of exorcisms. I know he is utterly trustworthy but he has admitted that he has seen physical manifestations that are beyond the explainable ? heavy objects moving across the room etc.

This to me is evidence, of a sort, for something beyond materialism. What would you want me to do with it? I know he is not a liar and I know he is not someone who has ever touched hallucinogens or prone to flights of fancy or is stupid enough to mistake a natural action for a supernatural one. I do not have the luxury that you do of just imagining that I am making this up, or that he is untrustworthy.

I have another friend who had broken his wrist and it had set out of shape, causing a limitation in movement. At my church he was prayed for and those in the group saw his wrist move and click into place and he now has full movement.
Now aside from the question, ?Why would God heal a stupid wrist and not a dying child?? ? what am I to make of this? People I know to be exceptionally reliable and honest (because they believe their faith calls for a commitment to honesty), have attested to a physical healing. How do I discount this? ? it would be dishonest of me.

And I have seen and experienced many things over the years that confirm my faith.

I can't be entirely objective - who really can - but philosophically it's no crime.

Blacknad.