I agree. I am putting it into this discussion because, quite frankly, all three middle-eastern religions claim to be the one true faith sprung from the same roots: Abraham/Ibrahim.

And they have been using this idiocy for millenia to justify genocide, torture, and now the moronic terrorism that allows GWB to justify gutting the Constitution of the US.

Not a single one of these religions can point to their original text. Not one of these religions has been uncorrupted by politics. Not one of these religions has led by setting a good example. And all use an authorless book, of unknown providence, and with an interpretation that changes whenever it is convenient.

They are all using FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) to control the behavior of people and extract money from them. To enslave the minds and the bodies and give nothing in return save for some vague promise that after you blow yourself up you will be rewarded.

No act of logic known to science can explain a born again Christian willing to kill people at an abortion clinic to honor the sanctity of life. Nor a president that holds life so sacred he supports the death penalty and started a war without provocation.

Organized religion has been the single most dangerous and destructive force known to this planet followed closely by nationalism which at its base always claims "God is on our side."

Blacknad has suprised me by demonstrating a willingness to use his brain though his most recent missive looked a lot like someone else's thoughts ... not his.

I can't save souls. But I am trying to save a mind.

DA Morgan