"...all successful communities (nations) have a religion."

Therefore proving that brainwashing works.

"there are no successful atheist countries"

Wait and see. My progress to complete atheism was a slow one. I killed off and debunked parts of my belief one at a time. All in all it took me around two years to go from believing in God 100% to 99%. I held on to this 1% for a further few months just in case this world is all some charade, a primitive creation by a 'God' for his other primitive creations to live in. Then one day I thought; if the rules of science in 'God's' realm were more advanced, how did 'he' get knowledge of them to be able to mimic them? The question brought about another question; if the realm of 'God' has rules, which it undoubtedly does, else it wouldn't be able to exist, that means that 'God' can be EXPLAINED by science. Science to me is the study of rules that produce everything; therefore, there is nothing that cannot be explained by these rules. Hence my disbelief in the unexplained. The word should really be changed to unexplained-yet.
Then there was the whole notion of who created 'God'? Finally, I thought; if there is a God, this guy must be an idiot. He creates life, and a way to explain it, and then he tells the people that the explanations are wrong and that they should believe a story, a STORY. It is these fools that he takes into his kingdom. What?s he trying to create, a kingdom of morons?
Actually, it really wasn?t any of these things that converted me to true atheism, it was just one thing, one thing that no theist can explain. One thing that anyone sensible wouldn?t even attempt to explain, it?s a question; who created God. The answer, allegedly given by the bible, which I have no intent on reading, unless to humour myself, is that he was always there. I?ve said the following time and time again and I hate to repeat myself, but this is the final time; IF ?GOD? WAS ?ALWAYS THERE? THEN WHY WASN?T EVERYTHING ALWAYS THERE?!

Back to my point at the very beginning, wait and see, the more answers we get from science, the less valued the made- up stories will get.