dkv - I suspect there may be an interesting language gap at work. I am guessing that you're not a native speaker of English - and I mean no offense in that, it's merely an observation, based largely on your sentence structure and usage. If that's true, I wonder whether your experiences with other languages give you a distinctly different sense of the concept of faith. Or perhaps you are a native speaker of an "Indian-style" English dialect. In that case, I wonder what cultural influences are present in your English that are unfamiliar to American/British/Canadian/Australian speakers.
To be more succinct, I wonder what is lost in translation.
I appreciate your more complex definition, but I can say quite confidently that if you say the word "faith" to an American, he/she will understand you to mean "belief in the absence of empirical evidence or logic". Based on the definition from the Oxford English Dictionary, I assert that a Briton will likely have the same interpretation. Perhaps we Americans and Britons (and Canadians and Australians) are too literal.