Again the problem is that because of the Christian predijuce most dont admit to being pagan, at least not to non pagans.

I also did that same google search. you know what i found. the people doing the counting were all christians organizations. Once again how do they know the numbers if the people that they are counting are not willing to tell people who claim wiccans are evil, that they are wiccans. Dont you see the problem there. The ones that are claiming that wicca only represents 0.06 percent are christians. Who do you think would have a better count, an organization that is part of it, or people that tend to lose the people that they are suppose to be counting as uncountable, just because their book tells them that its against their god.

granted its not likely that the population of wiccans is higher than 2 percent, but unless your defining strickly by numbers, then it it a major religion.

(if you check the sites of the people reporting it, many times they state that they dont count children claiming paganism, because they are children. they count christian children though.)

Of the number that live in my home town of amarillo texas, there are only a small fraction that will admit that they are pagan. Part of the reason is that many of them are in politics and that would be political sucide to admit to being non christian.

There are methods other than numbers of determining wheither or not something is major.

also, i know that not all of the members of those organizations are all texans. That was likely a misspeak. While dont know all of them, i do know that many showed up at a pagan event. I believe the number was 100800 something.

another problem with this is that you are only counting the ones in the usa, where it is often dangerous to admit to being pagan. Wicca is a world wide religion and in some of those places its more open.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.