If your going to go by american numbers there are only three major religions: christian, muslim and judisim. Of course that is by their definition. Somehow i dont see the fact that they are all basically related, as stating that they are the only religions that are major ones. They are just the ones that are of the "in you face" variety. the problem lies in the fact that most pagan, have found that they would lose their jobs and such if they claim to be pagan so we normally claim "other" when asked about are religion or (as i did in the military and when i go to the va hospital) claim to be christian. Few christians have a problem with jews or muslems nor do most of those two have a problem with each other or with christianity. All three on the other hand, see wicca as being the same thing as a satanist. you can get into major arguement with most chistians, muslem, and jews, simply by stating that they are not the same thing.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/media/stor...astatedaily.com

Quote:
By percentage, Labanca is part of the fastest-growing religion in America. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there were only 8,000 Wiccans in 1990. In 2001, that number grew to 134,000. The estimates on the number of people who practice Wicca today range from 500,000 to 13 million across the globe.
i would think that 13 mill world wide would qualify as a major religion.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.