You really have become the little thinker haven't Bill.S, I will have to come up with a question to stretch you smile

Paul the issue is simple try proving the existence of zero which is why many primitive cultures don't have it in numbering systems. Even on things you may use everyday like temperature what exactly is zero degrees Fahrenheit, its not really zero ask anyone who uses Celsius smile

Everything built that includes the concept of zero is usually a fabricated concept ... sort of fits Bill.S byline in some ways.

That is why I challenged you to define energy and matter and you never really defined matter but you defined energy as movement or motion. So take that thought further and if everything in the universe stopped moving does that mean there is zero energy? Do you see the problem with the idea your zero is totally reference arbitrary because how do you know everything in the universe actually has no movement because you can't prove it. It is the whole flat earth problem and your box all over again as you pull back you might suddenly find the whole known universe is all moving relative together.

It is the same problem Bill Gill was having in trying to use observation to close a system the answer is you can't. Every time it has been tried historical we got things badly wrong like Flat Earth, like Earth is center of universe etc and it goes on and on.

Do you see the point I am trying to get you to see because there are two concepts intimately linked, something everyone in the whole conversations above ignores and it can be stated like this

TO KNOW AN ACTUAL ZERO EXISTS REQUIRES A CLOSED SYSTEM

It's not a hard concept yet look back at all the conversations above and you might begin to understand why I was showing disdain at the discussion.

So hopefully the point is made the universe is an open system and I don't care what physics you are using they will all disappear back down the same hole. Rede and Bill G approved physics is not immune to the problem and Paul physics certainly falls down the same hole.

Last edited by Orac; 07/09/14 03:03 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.