Amaranth Rose II, thanks for your comments and for being so open about yourself. You say of the body and brain,
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
It is a very complex mechanism. The brain does so much developing while in utero, and after birth up to about age 3-4 ...
to which you add
Quote:
... I expect if I were tested I would fall somewhere in the Asperger's continuum.
In addition, you add,
Quote:
Somewhat brilliant mind, totally at sea socially. I'm the one at the cocktail party with a drink in hand standing in the corner looking nervous and out of place.
======
As your comments, with which I concur, indicate, we--that is, we spiritual beings, who happen to have an animal-like brain (not to be confused with mind) and body--are, "a very complex mechanism."

Amaranth, STORY OF AN AUTISTIC CHILD

You mentioned autism. Interestingly, for many years after I chose to retire as chair and founder (in 1973) of THE FAMILY LIFE FOUNDATION (FLF), flfcanada.com--mentioned in the signature, below--the one who I nominated to succeed me was the Rev. Dan J, a former Lutheran minister.

I first met Dan--two years my senior--when he, knowing that I used hypnosis--which I now call PNEUMATHERAPY--to help children--[he had heard me doing an interview on the CBC radio and TV News] brought his severely autistic eight-year old son to see me.

To our amazement, especially mine, the child responded positively--and almost immediately. Needless to say, the Rev. Dan J, also, immediately became an active member of the FLF ... Later, when I nominated him to take over as chair of the FLF, he was delighted.

Interestingly, when Dan's son got old enough to want to work, we in the FLF were able to get him enrolled in work programs that fitted with his intellectual ability, which was limited. He found his niche in life.

However, the bonus is: socially speaking, he grew up to be a handsome extrovert who, in my experience with him, mingles very well, socially. Hmmm! Makes one think!

Last edited by Revlgking; 05/07/14 10:44 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org