Sorry I had to get someone to translate it for me

I am told it is quite standard but the word approval doesn't work for me it translates funny .. if I replace it with the word consent it works for me

=> with the approval of our family doctor and the ones at the hospital,

It is one of those weird translation words your daughter in law is Persian ask her to translate that sentence.

Approval is something Allah or God gives or the very least a form of authority. The other use for me is a form or application. The use of the word "ones" was strange contextually for me as well. I am sure your daughter in law will get something close to what I got from that.

Google translate did a better job of the sentence and actually makes the substitution for me ..

Sigh >>> sorry tried posting the arabic translation but it wont appear correctly.

However if you cut and paste your sentence into google translate and send it back again you will see what it does

Your sentence comes back as

Originally Posted By: google translate

When infected with the deadly disease, with the consent of our family doctor and those in the hospital, I use pneumatherapy on her. To the surprise of all concerned, in a matter of days she recovered. I went back to school, ever-grade acceleration, bed and did not suffer again. The story that I wrote, and published, before anthologist reputable interested in such stories.

See how it substituted the word approval for consent, and "ones" to those which then makes perfect sense to me.

Approval is one of those horrible words ... Rigid is another that causes problems for me.

Last edited by Orac; 01/09/14 05:51 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.