Ok I follow and to some extent would agree with most of your views but I have a problem and it goes back to our discussion of multiple personality disorder and it's diagnosis

You say => Human-like psychopaths & sociopaths also seem to have no conscience

Going back to the problem above are these conditions real or are you creating these personalities because of your belief.

This is the problem I have with psychology/psychiatry from a science point of view it's hard to work out if we aren't creating the effect.

So in essence I agree with your thrust but I am careful about labeling it a condition to a group of people. At first this may seem like an avoidance strategy but I have deeper misgivings.

Go back to my question to you can a body have multiple souls.What is the relationship between a soul and an ego are they one to one. See most religions and even we non religious folk tend to talk about saving our souls we don't talk about saving our ego identity. So the deeper question is does my ego = my soul.

This opens up into a full scale problem if you accept multiple personality disorder where you could have 1 sinner and 1 saint literally in the same body. Take it to the usual movie criminal extreme that one personality kills is the other personality condemned because of the action of the other.

I realize these are very tricky situations and as you aren't using a Avatar like me Rev K they can be difficult for you to openly discuss freely but even a guarded thought on the matter if you like. I do appreciate how tricky this is for you and I am not trying to cause you problems.

I should add I think that multiple personality disorder seems like it is a complete pile of rubbish. I have no experience with it or even any study of it but just basing it on science logic from what I know so take my view with a grain of salt. What I really find problematic is that personalities can become active if another personality is "stressed" that implies that the personalities are aware of each other even if denied by the current active personality. Unless you could prove that the switch was caused by something chemical like adrenaline or serotonin levels and that is easily testable then the personalities have to be aware of each there is no other choice the personalities just decide to block that out.

Last edited by Orac; 01/08/14 04:59 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.