Originally Posted By: Orac
I think the key thing here Rev K is you had monitoring in place...
YES! of course. You add,
Quote:
What worries me with many versions of faith healing is they often don't, or won't, accept the monitoring in place because they view it as not having faith.
Me? I like to say: A BLIND, IGNORANCE-BASED FAITH?--IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. About your joke
Originally Posted By: Orac
It reminds me of the joke which has a more serious context to this discussion...
ORAC, years ago, I used another version of this joke when I preached sermons on FAITH with 20/29 VISION. I made it clear to my listeners: BELIEVE ONLY WHAT MAKES SENSE, WHAT IS RATIONAL AND WHAT WORKS, ESPECIALLY FOR YOU. You say,
Quote:
The point is, blind faith is very, dangerous because you are not GOD smile
MY OPINION?: God, G0D, GOD, god, gods--are loaded words--loaded with all kinds of conditional meanings which we give to them. And they can be useful as long as we accept this to be so and explain how we use them.[/b]

And I will add: It is my opinion, that there are a lot of god-like people out there, people who use their willpower in a godly way--and the more there are, the better we all are and so is the world in which we all live.

There is no god, singular or plural--ones living in a dimensional world like we all do, as a thing or a person.Thank you for saying,
Quote:
So I have no problem with faith healing so long as what is happening is monitored like it would be done in a normal medical situation.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org