And you understand me correctly Bill S and it is becoming important to science and QM

If I asked you to show me an infinite line in mathematics you draw a line with arrows both ends if you draw a line with an arrow one end it would be marked wrong.

The problem started getting confused in English language when we started using infinite with expectation value range of the use.

So no one has an expectation that distance for example can go negative (a negative sign is just a reference) so if I say infinite distance a one sided infinite is perfectly fine and neither parties would be confused. We would also say that infinite distance can never be real it's just a notional idea because you can't actually fix the two points.

What Rede and Bill are doing is making time expectation basis one sided without realizing that is what they are doing and not wanting to discuss what that one sided expectation is built on.

Where I am trying to get them to look at is T-symmetry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-symmetry)

Quote:

Time reversal in quantum mechanics

Two-dimensional representations of parity are given by a pair of quantum states that go into each other under parity. However, this representation can always be reduced to linear combinations of states, each of which is either even or odd under parity. One says that all irreducible representations of parity are one-dimensional. Kramers' theorem states that time reversal need not have this property because it is represented by an anti-unitary operator.

This section contains a discussion of the three most important properties of time reversal in quantum mechanics; chiefly,

1.that it must be represented as an anti-unitary operator,
2.that it protects non-degenerate quantum states from having an electric dipole moment,
3.that it has two-dimensional representations with the property T2 = -1.

The strangeness of this result is clear if one compares it with parity. If parity transforms a pair of quantum states into each other, then the sum and difference of these two basis states are states of good parity. Time reversal does not behave like this. It seems to violate the theorem that all abelian groups be represented by one dimensional irreducible representations. The reason it does this is that it is represented by an anti-unitary operator. It thus opens the way to spinors in quantum mechanics.

So yes what started out as a philosophical discussion I am going to invert on them because they are missing some understanding that science is aware of.

Last edited by Orac; 07/22/13 11:16 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.