Bill Gill, you say,
Originally Posted By: Bill
Bill, you are getting off into philosophy again. I'm not much of a philosopher, so I don't worry about things you seem to be worrying about.
I say,
Quote:
nonsense! Anyone--even a baby--who is curious, is a philosopher--one who is a lover of information, any form of knowledge plus wisdom.
Bill, you say
Quote:
As far as I am concerned infinity basically means that there is no beginning and no end.
In my opinion, the same is true of G~0~D. This is why I use a zero, 0 (a symbol of a no thing) here. Also, it is why I use the O (a symbol that includes everything) here. G~O~D is the all encompassing.
Quote:
Of course that kind of disagrees with my reference above to the infinity of positive integers starting at zero
Quote:
... but when it comes to philosophy I just can't get all excited about that sort of thing.
But I hope you don't mind if there are those of us who honour philosophy as the mother of science and art. What then is your philosophy of Life--of body, mind and spirit?
Quote:
Now I do feel kind of uneasy about the idea that the universe has no beginning and no end. Intuitively I expect everything to have a beginning and an end.
It seems to me that individual lives do end. So do cycles of days, weeks, months days, and so on.
Quote:
At the same time I have a problem with what there was before the universe came into being.
IMO, there was NO thing, G~0~D
Quote:
However, that doesn't affect my daily life and all of physics still works just fine, so I don't expect to wake up in the morning and find out the universe has disappeared.

Therefore I don't worry about it.
IMO, you, me, and others will eventually leave the cosmos made up of "things".

Bill Gill

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org