MOORE'S LAW
Quote:
The observation made in 1965 by Gordon Moore, co-founder of Intel, that the number of transistors per square inch on integrated circuits had doubled every year since the integrated circuit was invented.

Moore predicted that this trend would continue for the foreseeable future. In subsequent years, the pace slowed down a bit, but data density has doubled approximately every 18 months, and this is the current definition of Moore's Law, which Moore himself has blessed.

Most experts, including Moore himself, expect Moore's Law to hold for at least another two decades.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/Moores_Law.html

On page 237 of his book, Neil Turok writes that since the 1960's the evolution of digital computers has been inexorable--there is no stopping it simply by shouting at our computers. Or by asking the theistic gods to look after us.

Because of Moore's laws, computers are becoming progressively closer and closer to our heads.

And I assume he is referring to what is going on in our heads.

"Our future evolution will depend less and less on our biological genes, and more and more on our abilities to interact with our computers. The future battle for survival will be to program or be programmed."

He describes human beings as analogue creatures based upon a digital code--not conducive to progressive evolution.

Next, I will outline what he says, "will represent a giant leap forward." (page 238)

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org