The forum is dead I agree unfortunately the reason for that is almost solely moderation and behaviour such as Paul and mine shouldn't be tolerated I totally agree.

Anyone who is seriously interested in science comes into this garbage takes one look and walks away ... that might give you a clue why I behave the way I do (think about it) smile

Look at the left panel for top posters .... says it all.

You can't fix the problem by behaving well because you can't even get a reasonable discussion running, I tried that in the beginning and it failed dismally. So in the end if posters want a "flame war" I am more than happy to engage because thats about all you can discuss on this forum.

Whats funny is you often see the same posters for example Preearth he has been banned on many of the sites I participate on. Socratus is banned from all the same ones from memory.

They bleat and carry on about the bans but the forum rules are quite specific and there so dicussions can actually take place.
If you don't like the rules make your own site.

Preearth tried that tactic and it barely has 40 posts in two years, and half of that is preearth himself laugh

http://www.preearth.net/phpBB3/index.php?sid=4c4e0c3673de56363e235570f1872483

The reason is people interested in science don't want to wade thru piles of garbage and will avoid it like the plague.

That in a nutshell is why the forum is almost dead.

My holiday is coming to an end and I have booked the optical lab for next week and start work the following week so I will be less active on the site .... there is a bonus for you smile

Last edited by Orac; 01/22/13 11:13 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.