Originally Posted By: Bill S.

Beyond that; if you are saying that a black hole exists on a (spacetime?) grid, and information exists “between the grid”, I can see that the black hole might not be able to destroy the information. I’m not clear as to where the Higgs fits into this, though.

That is exactly what science is saying.

Remember we don't actually "see" or "measure" the Higgs particle in the LHC we measure energy which disappears out of our SPACETIME grid and suddenly reappears in a decay chain that we can see in our SPACETIME grid.

So at no stage have we ever really seen a Higgs boson in our SPACETIME we can see an interaction which is typical of how particles react and matches all the rules of particle behaviour but we never actually see it in our spacetime.

So we have either an unseen partilce in the Higgs Boson or we are breaking the rules of conservation of energy twice in that we have energy disappearing out of space and sometime later energy reappearing which just happens to balance.

I should also add that us QM nuts doubt there really is SPACETIME grid or even particles we believe this is just an illussion of wave behaviour of QM energy so the simplification is difficult even for us.

Last edited by Orac; 12/28/12 02:52 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.