Originally Posted By: redewenur
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
--I dropped using the noun "God"--the word has so many limitations--and started using acronyms like GOD, G0D and the one I like best, G-0-D.

I like it because, for me, it is so very inclusive, like panentheism (unitheism). It includes all the processes we call physical, mental and spiritual.

I recognise the utility of creating a verbal peg upon which to hang an abstract concept, where no such peg already exists. It serves to order one's own thoughts, and helps in conveying the concept to others.

In other words.. It helps some to make up something new where abstract concepts already exist, but conflict with the attention needed to bolster ones own imagined abstract concepts.

One can volley for recognition of ones own beliefs and gain support for the belief, to try and establish belief as a reality.

Thing is... (when it comes to God), the original language (inclusive of the original reflections of the subject) came from a much more expanded state of conscious awareness than the limited concepts projected upon any of the verbal pegs used to organize the limited imagination.

Therefore it was not the word which degraded into negative concepts, but the less conscious mindset that misuses the original language, which in turn projects superstitious/limited/ignorant connotations upon the original intent, distorting (in the mind) the reality and nature of the original subject of the discourse.

Religion has forever been making itself up as it goes along, re-defining itself to try and draw support to itself.

Preaching the "word" don'tcha know.

Instead of becoming conscious enough to draw forth the original understanding and experience, it is much easier for the ego to make something up and and establish the personal mindset as the authority, for designer concepts and illusions of fantasy.

It's like putting a butterfly into a jar.. The subject is relieved of the use of its wings to fly and express itself, when the jailer imprisons it within the confines of personality definitions.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!