Let’s look at wave/particle duality and in particular the extensive nature of the wave. I believe that in QM the full wave description of all the waves goes on to infinity in space and time. Those who are familiar with my views on infinity will know that I have problems with finite things going to infinity. However, one has to consider the possibility that the wave function of any particle might not be finite at any stage of its existence.

Physicists can create Bose Einstein condensates that are of a finite and observable size, but in which the atoms exist together and jointly within this space and it is not even theoretically possible to distinguish between them or where they are individually. Effectively, every atom in the condensate occupies every part of the finite space occupied by the whole condensate.

Extend this idea to the “infinity of space and time” occupied by every wave function of every particle. We now have an infinity in which every part is equal to the whole. The entire concept of parts, or divisions, becomes just a function of our restricted view of eternity/reality.

It might be argued that temporal divisions must exist in order to accommodate the changes between waves and particles, but this is only a perceptual change. A particle may be no more than a contracted description of the full wave; a sort of “Fourier transform”. The distinction between waves and particles may be no more than perceptual distinctions that are necessary for us to make sense of our 4D Universe.

Thus, QM becomes a window on infinity which only the “shut up and calculate” mentality prevents us form looking through.

There never was nothing.