Hello Rev,

You mentioned "concience", a critical word for all of us. That little voice in the back of your mind that say's "you know that's wrong-now do the right thing". That struggle, you can call it good vs evil,god vs satan, ying-yang, whatever. It is my opinion that when you don't hear that voice anymore, you are lost. There are absolutes in this world, if you are an atheist, agnostic, christian or muslem. We live in a world with over 6 billion people there has to be a roadmap of life for us to go by or it is more choas that it is right now.

I am Baptist. I do not attend church, because I am like many other people, I make excuses and am lazy. I went to church as a youth and treaure everything I learned.

Like I have said before, I think the anger with religion is not really directed toward the religion, the anger is really with centuries of improper involvment from the churchs and religion gets the blame.

But Rev, one thing we should all remember, and I am going to make a comparison with Islam. Islam teaches about the same as christianity. Yet, with what happened on 9/11 all of these extremist Muslems that have memorized the Quaran, I know of none of them that has came out publically and condemned these terrorist and extremist for what they have done. And this is what really chaps peoples behind with organized religion. Now, you read my post weeks back about what has been done in the name of christianity. This is what hurts. I know there are a lot of good muslems, I know there are a lot of good christians, I know there are a lot good catholics, but you have to set an example to these folks that don't know that for what ever reason. In short, some of the religious leaders turn their head.

I think the problem needs to be faced and brought in the open, we need to clean out our closet. Rev, I think you are a good man and nothing I say is intended toward you, and please accept this as the truth. I'm just telling you what I think is factual. Consider this as a -- well "confession".

best regards,
odin1

People will forgive you for anything -but being right !
odin1