Odin, I think I see where you are coming from.

BTW, when I talk about being "God-like", or saintly, I am not talking about being absolutely perfect, in the now.

You mentioned the clerks mistake. You just reminded me: In 1964, I found a small box in a room in the church were I was the minister. The caretaker and I were the only ones in the building at the time. In the box was $1,500.00, in crisp 100 dollar bills--almost the price of new car in those days. I could have pocketed the money and no one would ever have known the difference. Keep in mind, I had no idea where the money came from and no theft was involved. All I had to do was keep quiet.

My conscience, because of the kind of life I intended to live, would not let me keep quiet. With some effort, I found out who owned the money. With a good conscience, I gave it back and accepted no reward. The person who lost the money was in deep need of it.

Am I a saint? Not yet, but I am working on it and I intend to keep working on it.

Let me put it this way: Is it your intention to be, on the road, on the way to becoming more and more humane?

Keep in mind that when Paul wrote to Rome it was long before the Church of Rome. IMO, Roman Catholicism grew out of Roman imperialism and did not enter history until after the emperor, Constantine, in the 4th. century.

Are you active in any church?

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org