Originally Posted By: Revlgking
The above is another generalization and, therefore, untrue statement.

in fact, it was not a generalization:

christians: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" John 14:6

muslims: "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:5

jews: "The Jews are called human beings, but the non-Jews are not humans. They are beasts."
Talmud: Baba mezia, 114b

my point:

"for a just/moral multicultural society there needs to be tolerance; not totalitarianism"
and
"totalitarian 'isms' are never moral or just simply because they oppose freedom"

Quote:
Think about this: The book of Genesis is totally inclusive. So are the Ten Commandments, which came later. This is the basis of Judaism.

Jesus was a Jew who lived and died as Jew. He made the attempt to reform Judaism and bring it back to being inclusive, from which it had strayed.

what do you mean by 'inclusive'? judaism, christianity and islam do not respect the faiths of other belief systems, this was my initial argument <intolerance: rejection of all other 'isms'>.

Quote:
What's your point, BFP? That some Big Brother be appointed to impose scientism/secularism on all of us?

my point is that in a functional society there needs to be tolerance and not totalitarianism.

Last edited by big fat pig; 05/04/08 06:20 PM.

seize the day