I am not saying that I am not affected by terorrism, far from me to believe that. And I fully agree with you that innocent people, or more generally people should not in such idiotic acts, or in wars which are equally idiotic. But in order to prevent such occurrences, people need to be socially (and politically for that matter) knowledgeable, so they can prevent morons to gain power. Which latter trend is becomming more and more common lately. And I am not pointing the finger to one country in particular. There are several other countries in this situation, developed or not.
Only very, and I mean very seldom during the history it had happend that governments have avoided conflicts of one nature or another. Most often, they have either started conflicts, or had to take sides in some conflict that not always "swallowed" the coutry geographically or politically or economically.
And if one might find this understandable for the mentalities in the 1600's or so, it becomes rather sad that the same arguments (in slightly different forms) are used for the same reasons today. So much for learning from history/past experience.