"...the warming events that are happening right now in our Polar regions." -- Actually, that would be Polar region. Only one. And only half of it at that. One link has some information and if you are looking for some anecdotal information, check another link. smile

"I am immune to those that state." -- You just admitted that you have a closed mind.

"A Post Glacial sea chart (nice one John) that dos'nt show the Oceans were many feet lower 5000 years ago." -- Then provide the proper link if my link is wrong. Mine is actually shown on wikipedia. The graph shows sea level rise since the end of the last glacial episode based on data from Fleming et al. 1998, Fleming 2000, & Milne et al. 2005. It shows that the sea level was about 130 meters (427 feet) lower 22,000 years ago than in now.

"Prehaps the excess is taken up by the sea, or Plankton?" I had the same thought a while back, but it is wrong. If the excess were being taken up then the levels in the air would not be rising. According to AGW theory, if the CO2 level increases, like it has been, then the temperature should increase. The fact is the increase in CO2 levels has been increasing steadily, but the tempertaure increase has not been. Its trend has been leveling off for the past 10 years.

"Or maybe we are, not producing enough CO2 OR heat yet!!!!" -- This is contradictory to the entire AGW debate. Which side are you on?

"...most of it is being absorbed by black dust, and NOT reflected" -- then we should be combatting black and brown dust and not CO2. But then again, the brown dust over parts of India made the news recently, but I have never read anyone suggest that airborne black dust is what is causing global warming. I have seen it blamed for darkening snow thus leading to increased snow melting, but that does not jive with observations either. Why would only half of the arctic reach new a minimum for ice while the other half did not?

"Prehaps its heat, not been lost, but a result of mixing?" -- Then the sea levels would be rising considerably faster due to thermal expansion. Look at the graph on the ucar page. The water below the 2500 meter level would contract slightly when heated to 3.89 C (277.04 K). The water above that level would expand if extra heat was mixed in. That ucar link also lets us know that "90 % of the total volume of ocean is found below the thermocline in the deep ocean." And another page shows that water at 0 C is 8.1% less dense than water at 3.98 degrees. (Hmmm. Mixing a liter of 8 C water with a liter of 0 C water may yeild water that is less than two liters.)

Your Global Average Sea Temp from 1850-2007 link is the same as your Air temperature Minus Surface Sea Temp 1850-2007 link.

Your Stratosphere Versus Troposphere 1981-1990 link proves that the AGW green house theory, which states that the stratosphere will warm more than the troposphere, is incorrect.

And while you are concerned about people dying of heat stroke, take a gander at the New York Times article. "The first is that winter can be deadlier than summer. About seven times more deaths in Europe are attributed annually to cold weather (which aggravates circulatory and respiratory illness) than to hot weather, Dr. Lomborg notes, pointing to studies showing that a warmer planet would mean fewer temperature-related deaths in Europe and worldwide.

The second factor is that the weather matters a lot less than how people respond to it. Just because there are hotter summers in New York doesn’t mean that more people die — in fact, just the reverse has occurred. Researchers led by Robert Davis, a climatologist at the University of Virginia, concluded that the number of heat-related deaths in New York in the 1990s was only a third as high as in the 1960s. The main reason is simple, and evident as you as walk into the Bridge Cafe on a warm afternoon: air-conditioning."

You already touched on that second factor.

Last edited by John M Reynolds; 09/13/07 08:48 PM. Reason: added a link