I read the article, which was very well-written. But there was one thing that caught my eye: "Another recent poll revealed that less than half of the U.S. population knows that the earth revolves around the sun."
I would doubt that poll's authority. Perhaps it was a small pool intended for school-aged children, because I know that in my local area practicaly all beleive that the earth revolves around the sun.

" Let's drop the artificial debate about evolution and intelligent design and teach our children what science really is. Let's teach them that science requires a skeptical mind and that scientific theories must be supported by objective facts. If we want to teach children about scientific debates, let's pick a real debate - there are plenty of them - rather than an artificial one. And let's equip the next generation of scientists to bring us new cures and new technology, rather than burying our heads in the sand."
Fine piece of advice, I respect that. I wish that more would take his advice to heart. But still I did not see anything condeming Bush in that article, in fact he claimed that Bush spent "more than seven billion dollars."