This is related the posts above:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-kaplan/i-believe-for-every-drop-_b_55753.html

"This "belief" thing runs alarmingly deep. In his [G.W.Bush] Cleveland speech, he said "I believe" 75 times"

"I can't help thinking that it's not just a rhetorical tic. In Bush's faith-based epistemology, the strongest possible justification for any action he takes is that he believes in it. Not that it's true; not that it's supported by evidence; not that it's consistent with the Constitution; not that it enforces the law; not that it's desired by the vast majority of the American people -- but that, like the Nicene Creed, he believes it"

"The truth is that the President has aggressively theologized policy differences"

"...what Bush possesses is a narcissism that he markets as a civic religion. He believes he was elected as the Defender of the Faith, and that it is we who are accountable to him, rather than he who is accountable to us."

"It was Thomas Jefferson who best described what's most pernicious about belief-based leadership: 'It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong.'"

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler